Sunday, May 24, 2009

guess who's crawling


Ahhhhh the reign of terror has begun. The baby is mobile! Hide your shoes, pick up your little toys and 'chokers' There's no stopping her now! LOL! Life in general has been improving; I'm finally feeling that I can get a handle on the house keeping and while it's never really tidy (Cleaning a house while raising kids is like shoveling the walk while it's still snowing) it's at least clean under the scattering of toys and shoes and stuff that kids seem to shed like feathers. I had an old friend come to town and got to visit with her over a cuppa tea for three afternoons in a row. It was great to catch up with her and it was just like old times, but it was bittersweet because the only reason she was in town was to put her old house on the market. She used to live here and had to move because of her hubby's work, but they held on to their house and rented it out. I guess I always hoped that they'd be back, but now it doesn't look like that will happen. She's living in Santa Monica now, so I'll probably only see her once or twice a year instead of 2-3 days a week. sigh. I'm really looking forward to summer.. the kids have only 3 more weeks of school and we have a crazy month of June ahead of us with out of town visitors, birthdays for both of my older girls, tying up the brownie's for the year and hopefully moving to our bigger house at the end of the month..I'm looking forward to July when I'll be able to breathe a big sigh of relief and take a nap. LOL! Hear hear for naps!

No comments: