Wednesday, October 29, 2008

coke addict

So maybe I underestimated my self-indulgent side. I made it one whole day without cheating and drinking a coke. One day. Yesterday I went to Costco and had a hotdog and a coke. sigh. I've read that having just one sugary soda a day, each day for a year will cause the average person to gain 16 lbs. per year. I know that's how I got most of my weight because, other than the fast food binges, I'm a coke junkie. I have been known to finish off a sixpack in a few hours, a 2 liter bottle all to myself. I can gulp a Big Gulp and re-fill it. I LOVE coca-cola. Thoroughly addicted. In fact I probably get the costco hotdog deal just for the coke. LOL! Anyway, other than that slip I've been doing well - avoiding the halloween candy, no fast food runs even though I did have a weak moment this morning craving one of those yummy breakfast burritos from Jack in the Box. MMMM :P I had oatmeal instead. Yea me! Tonight I'm making tortilla soup with the leftover rotisserie chicken we had for dinner last night. I love soup but my family is not really keen on it, so I rarely make it. However, in my goals to be frugal, I'm instigating a soup and salad night, once a week. That way I can make a batch of soup and have it 3 or 4 days for lunch myself when I'm wanting something hot. Save me from the ease of fast food and the expense! We'll see how it goes.

No comments: