Monday, November 3, 2008

Stupid Halloween candy

Ugg. Stupid Halloween Candy.
I can't resist it! - I have no will power! I ate some on Halloween of course, some on Saturday (a lot, actually) enough to feel sick enough that I didn't really want to eat any on Sunday, but did anyway. LOL How sad is that? I was sick from eating candy, didn't WANT to eat candy and then I did anyway. See what I mean about addiction? It's like an addict that knows what they're doing is hurting their body and they do it anyway. Well today I'm back on the wagon so to speak and I have bundled up the leftover candy

Frugal Tip for Halloween candy - I took one gallon ziplock back and put together my 'Gingerbread house Kit' That's all the little candies that the kids will use next month to decorate gingerbread houses. I do that every year. Then I gathered all the candy bars and Reese's peanut butter cups and put them in another bag. I'm going to have the kids make 'gift in a jar' mixes for their teachers for christmas and we'll cut up the Reese's and the Hershey bars, etc to add to those mixes. I did this a few years ago and they were really cute and yummy, plus it's a good use of the leftover candy. Everything that was left; lollipops, gum, etc. I gave to my hubby to take to work so now, to my brain, the candy is gone and I no longer have that temptation. I had oatmeal for breakfast and I will have a healthy salad for lunch to try and clear my body of all that junk - sigh. yummy, tasty junk :)

No comments: