Monday, December 22, 2008

God rest ye merry gentlemen...


I love Christmas songs. Carols - music, all of it. LOL! My family thinks it's a bit cheesy, but they put up with me from the day after Thanksgiving until January 1st, I play it where ever I am and sing along. (grin) Now I'm definitely not your next American Idol, I haven't got a singing voice at all, although I do enjoy singing. I usually crank the tunes when I'm cleaning house and sing along, It makes it all go faster and improves my mood. During the year I've got a pretty varied playlist; everything from Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra to Prince and Michael Jackson to Avril Lavine and Gwen Stefani. Well my Christmas music runs the gamut as well. I got two new Christmas CD's this year; Elvis and the Jackson 5. Last year I got Colin Raye and Bette Midler. I probably have a dozen different christmas albums and I love them all!
So a few more days til chrismas and I'm all ready except for a bit of wrapping. I'm taking the kiddies to get pictures with Santa today (hope my 2 year old doesn't freak out this year) and then I'm hoping to cuddle up with my chrismas music, a cup of cocoa and my stitching. A bit of peace for the holiday. The new year will be full of resolutions and difficulty, so I could really use a calm, a silent night and a bit of peace and a little of God's grace or even just a bit of cuddling with my little Grace. LOL! Happy holidays!

No comments: