Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sad news

Wow, December is flying by and I'm almost ready for Christmas. (Sigh) Still battling the blues and of course the universe is kicking me while I'm down, LOL isn't that the way it is? My Mother-in-law, who I loved very much and has been an important person in my life since I was 16 years old, has passed away. My husband was able to fly to Portland and be by her side, holding her as she died. I'm so glad he was able to do that because they were particularly close and I'm sure it comforted her to have him there. I know for sure that it helped him and his older sister who was there as well. It was really nice to see the sibling bond strengthened by this tragedy. When my father-in-law passed away last year, my Hubby's sister was alone with him and was very angry at the family because it was so hard for her and she felt like everyone just abandoned her to the task. This time she called and my hubby raced up there to help and offer support. She essentially taught him how to say goodbye and gave him the strength to do it, and in return he was there to help her be strong. It's amazing and wonderful. All in all, my mother-in-law's death was a good thing on several levels. Even though I'm sad, I'm so grateful for the results. My husband has a new outlook on life and my mother-in-law, who was miserable in her sick, painful body and trapped by a diseased and damaged mind (dementia and alzhiemers) is now free of that misery. God bless and keep her. She will be missed deeply.

No comments: