Sunday, January 4, 2009

Simple Steps 2

Well the simple steps are going well! Tomorrow is the end of the first week and I've got the water habit down! Yesterday I actually drank more water than I needed without meaning to...5 16 ounce bottles - a total of 10 cups. Now I've got to figure out what my focus will be for this week. I think I'll take on two: saving 2 dollars a day and cleaning out one drawer/cupboard a week. The $2 a day should be easy - I'm just going to set up an auto transfer to a special savings account. Will they charge me if I do a tiny transfer everyday? I'll have to check that out. No sense in saving two dollars a day if it's going to cost me 1.50 in fees! The second habit should be fairly easy to establish as well, I'm going to set up my 2009 calendar and write on there what space I'm going to tackle each week this month. First is the pot cupboard, it's been driving me crazy, but every time I do the dishes I just cram things in there instead of doing it right. I need to get it together and that will be satisfying.

Other than that, I am really happy that school is back tomorrow. I love my kids but having all four of them running around has been hell on my house and I'm so sick of cleaning and re-cleaning all day long. Today is going to be a lazy day - I'm going to stitch a bit, read a bit and relax. Tomorrow I will whip this house back into shape and enjoy the two little ones; my little rascal 2 year old Ian and my sweet angel Gracie who is nearly 12 weeks now.

No comments: