Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Holidays are coming, the holidays are coming!



yikes! Halloween is come and gone and November is blazing by already. Sigh. I'm just not ready! I love fall and the cooler weather, but it seems that it just started - which is the usual for where I live in northern California -we have only had one chilly Halloween since my kids started trick or treating, so that's about 10 years now. Usually Halloween is hot during the day and mild at night. This year the night was a bit wet and rainy, but still not cold. Anyway I know that having a baby this year made october zoom by (my fourth child was born on October 13th, 2008) so I'm not surprised about that month being an eyeblink, but by this time last year I was DONE with my Christmas shopping. Yup. D O N E! I haven't even started this years yet. Each year I use my Christmas Control Journal (If you want one, check out flylady.net - she's a great resource)and I start prepping at the end of September. If I do it that way, I actually get to enjoy the christmas season, so it's important to me. I'll have to dig out my CCJ and get to work! Maybe head over to Big Lots and do a bit of shopping! LOL! bet you two bucks I do the shopping and not the organizing part today!

No comments: