Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twas the night of Thanksgiving

*'Twas the night of Thanksgiving ~ *

*But I just couldn't sleep, *

*I tried counting backwards ~*

* I tried counting sheep ... *

*The leftovers beckoned ~ *

*The dark meat and white, *

*But I fought the temptation ~ *

*With all of my might ... *

*Tossing and turning with anticipation *

*The thought of a snack became infatuation *

*So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door *

*And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore *

*Gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes *

*Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes *

*I felt myself swelling so plump and so round *

*'Til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground! *

*I crashed through the ceiling, Floating into the sky *

*With a mouthful of pudding, And a handful of pie *

*But I managed to yell as I soared past the trees *

*Happy eating to all! Pass the cranberries, Please! *

*May your stuffing be tasty, May your turkey be plump *

*May your potatoes 'n Gravy, Have nary a lump *

*May your yams be delicious, May your pies take the prize *

*May your thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs! *

*May your Thanksgiving Be Blessed!*

No comments: