Thursday, March 5, 2009

Don't Worry, Be happy


February has blown by and march is already here. Wow. Life is improving in many ways and plodding along in others. I am still struggling with the depression. I know there are 3 aspects to it; first the hormones from the pregnancy and now breastfeeding. They are still out of whack because I'm all zitted out(UG!wrinkles and zits is just not fair!) and the hair is still dropping by the handful each time I wash it. But I'm trying to be more like my positive self and remember that the hormones will improve with time. One of the other aspects to this depression will also improve with time; the juggling act of a toddler and a baby and a teenager and a second grader will get better and easier. I tell you that I do have a new respect for and sympathy for ANY mother who has 2 or more in diapers. It's tougher than it looks folks. I've decided to get a bit of help with the third aspect of my depression: grief. My mother in law passing in December is really difficult for me still and it made me realize that I've had so little experience dealing with such grief so I decided to go see someone to talk it out. I expect that I will be feeling better soon, but until then I'm gonna 'fake it 'til I make it' and do my best to act and think like a happy, productive me. LOL! Here's some inspiration; a pic of my HEALTHY mother - her hair is coming back from the Chemo and she's hugging my two littlest troublemakers. Remember life is short so Don't Worry, Be happy everyone!

No comments: